Forrest Solutions Announces Results of 2023 Return-to-Office Survey
New York, NY — April 18, 2023 — Forrest Solutions Legal, a division of Forrest Solutions, the nation’s leading onsite outsourcing and staffing solutions provider, today announces the results of the company’s 2023 Return-to-Office Survey. The survey tracked law firms’ return-to-office policies, compliance with those policies, and identified new law firm initiatives that were successful in increasing attorneys’ number of days in the office.
It’s time for law firms to be successful with hybrid operations. For the majority of law firm leaders, hybrid “success” means maximizing attorney presence in the office.
Forrest Solutions Legal launched the 2023 Return-to-Office Survey (“Survey”) in February 2023 to investigate specific post-COVID initiatives that helped leadership move closer toward this goal.
The Survey was distributed to law firms in the Am Law 100 and 200 in February and March of 2023 and received responses from approximately 20% of these top 200 law firms.
Here is what the Survey revealed:
- 93% of firms are running hybrid operations and have not returned to pre-COVID levels of occupancy
- 94% of attorneys are not complying with their firm’s RTO policy
- 75% of firms made no changes to operations to entice attorneys back into the office, and averaged 2 days per week of attorney time in the office
- 5% of firms made some change to operations to entice attorneys back into the office and averaged 2.36 days per week of attorney time in the office
Drilling into the 87.5% of firms that made changes to attract attorneys to the office, it was discovered that:
- Redesigning floor space increased average days in the office to 2.4 days per week or approximately an extra 30 days per year.
- Adding amenities increased the average days in the office to 2.3 days per week or approximately an extra 23 days in the office per year
- Adding enhanced hospitality increased average days in the office to 2.35 days per week or approximately an extra 26 days in the office per year
- Implementing hoteling increased average days in the office to 2.41 days per week or approximately 30 days per year.
Anthony Davies, Chief Revenue Officer for Forrest Solutions comments: “We are very grateful to the participants of this groundbreaking Survey. These data points are critical in planning the ways we support our law firm clients in their hybrid strategies with innovative hospitality and concierge services. The data shows that there is more work to do if we want to achieve our return to office goals, but we are making progress.”
To learn more about Forrest Solutions Legal Services, go here.
About Forrest Solutions Legal
Forrest Solutions Legal is division of Forrest Solutions, the nation’s first and leading onsite outsourcing and staffing firm with over 45 years of experience providing enterprise-wide people solutions on an onsite outsourced, direct hire, temporary, temp-to-hire, or consulting basis. We help Am Law ranked law firms, Fortune-ranked businesses and financial services firms improve business processes, service expertise and operational and cost efficiencies through exceptional outsourcing and staffing services customized to meet the unique, cultural needs of each organization.
Patricia Ann Nagy, Director
270 West 11th Street 4C
New York, NY 10014